Sunday 10 November 2013

I rainbow caked!!

Never ever in a million years did I think I could produce such an amazing cake first time round!!
Well, sort of second time actually, if your trying this yourself DO NOT even bother using the cheap liquid food colourings you need to use the fancy gel ones, I learnt this this hard way and ended up making 12 sponges instead of 6.
A was very greafull though for his oddly coloured cake in his lunchbox for the next week!

I used a recipe from the BBC good food website however I changed the cream cheese icing to buttercream.
It's sooooooo easy! You basically make 3 lots of Victoria sponge in 6 colours, stack them up and cover it in buttercream. It really is as easy as it sounds! Such an easy make and it really does have the wow factor!!

Here are some piccys

Stacking up the layers 

Spreading the buttercream was the hardest bit

A HUGE slice of cake 

The finished product sliced



   

No comments:

Post a Comment